Thursday, September 18, 2014

Another Week Filled to the Brim and Spilling Over

Had just told myself that I must learn to say "No" a bit more often.  And, moments ago accepted the responsibility of judging the "Shining Stars" for another year.  So much for new resolutions.

Grapefest was a wonderful, tiring, exciting time for four days.  Sold fourteen paintings and did a demonstration that I will post in a later blog.

At the same time, I was under a time limit to get a commission done for a woman for her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary.  Had about 8 days to get the gallery wrapped canvas, get it gessoed, and the painting done with enough drying time to put a light varnish on.  She is coming tonight to view the painting, of which I am very pleased.  It was a back and white photo, and I kept my colors in a muted value, which gave the painting an ole world quality look.

No comments: