Thursday, January 9, 2014

BEST THING I'VE DONE FOR MYSELF

I grew up with no Father, who died when I was 10, so became one very independent child taking care of my Mother as much as she cared for me.  Did a lot of the cleaning and cooking and ironing (we ironed every week, an almost forgotten chore).  Have never had anyone to clean my house and recently, actually several years ago, I had the good fortune to have Daisy come into my life.  She is wonderfully consistent, honest, and completely trustworthy.  The fun part of our every two weeks is that we have a different drink and catch up on the news of the two weeks in a sharing session at the beginning of each "house cleaning".  She counsels me and I counsel her.  She is a smart cookie and runs a good business. 

The biggest impact we can have on the world is to ask "How can I help you?".  She does just that !  This is Daisy's favorite painting in the gallery, as she grew up on a ranch.

No comments: