Friday, August 10, 2012

I live in the middle of a very suburban area called the Metroplex (Dallas and Ft Worth, Texas)

In a small town called Colleyville, populated all around. My distinction is that I am visited every night by an assortment of critters-coyotes, possums, skunks, armadillos, a den of foxes (check earlier photo), have a hawk's nest right outside my Treehouse window (my studio where I paint) and the babies got so used to me talking to them I became very hohum, an owl, Eastern Bluebirds raising their young, house wren who constantly finds my prized hanging basket to build her nest EVERY year, raccoons, and guess what just came into my view last night? a Bobcat. It took me a while to realize what I was seeing. Guess I am in a pathway because of the creek flowing through the property. Every time I get up in the night (bathroom visit, drink of water) I have to check out the security lights and see what might be visiting. Really kind of nutty about this.

No comments: